In 2020, if your e-commerce business is not hyper-focused on email marketing, you’re falling far behind from your competitors and the industry as a whole. E-mail marketing has proven to be possibly the most effective channel of sales and growth for many companies who create funnels to convert consumers to customers.
E-mail platforms such as Klavio (what I personally use and probably one of the best platforms out there,) are making email marketing campaigns extremely effective with so much data on customers and what’s working and what’s not.
The success if your email marketing is going start from the minute you create your email capture campaign to how you’ll structure flows and email campaigns to customers with focus on segmentation as your customer data base grows.
Oberlo has some great insights every marketer or e-commerce business owner should know in 2020 about email marketing.
- The number of active email users is forecasted to reach 4.3 billion in 2023.
- 293.6 billion emails were sent and received each day.
- Average expected ROI is $42 for every $1 you spend on email marketing.
- Nearly nine out of every ten marketers use email marketing to distribute content organically.
- 81% of small businesses rely on email as their primary customer acquisition channel, and 80% for retention.
- The average open rate for a welcome email is 82%.
- Emails with personalized subject lines generate 50% higher open rates.
- Sending 3 abandoned cart emails results in 69% more orders than a single email.
- Videos added to your email increase click rates by 300%.
- 49% of consumers would like to receive promotional emails from their favorite brands.
The ROI is the big stat for me and I’m sure for any marketer. At the end of the day, ROI is what can really drive and scale our businesses to keep driving marketing growth. E-mail has really proven to be such an incredible sales tool and channel for most business that it deserves a lot of attention, which to those who are short on resources, may always not be so easy to do. However, by analyzing these stats, it’s easy to see why it’s so important to dive deep into your email marketing strategy and see what you can be doing different (or better?)
Another statistics that stood out is #8. That is a change that anyone can do quickly in their shopping cart abandonment email marketing campaign if they aren’t sending atleast 3 emails to users who haven’t converted.